Sunday, January 25, 2009
FHE 1/19/2009 Plan of Salvation
For family home evening this year we opted to start reciting scriptures and the Articles of Faith. Our theme for the year is based on Moroni 7:45
"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
Each month we will discuss one definition of charity and recite the scripture up to that point. So for January we have talked about "charity suffereth long." By the end of the year we will have discussed every part of the scripture in detail and we should have it memorized by then. It is a good reminder for me to raise a family the Lord's way. Although this started out with the intention to help the family, so far I think I will be the one benefiting the most from this endeavor. But we all know a happy home has a happy mom!
This year we have created a FHE job chart. Every week Grace and Anne turn the wheel to decide who gets to do which jobs. Although the details of our FHE aren't necessarily important to anyone else but me I want to keep a record without keeping another piece of paper, notebook, or object I need to keep track of. So here it is posted on my blog.
Conducting: Dad
Opening Prayer: Grace
Song: Mom- I Have a Family Here on Earth
1st Article of Faith Shared by Anne and Brad (our visitor)
Scripture: Moroni 7:45...."Charity suffereth long"-Grace
Lesson: Plan of Salvation
I have a really cute visual aid a mission companion drafted for me. It uses little spirit people I traced out of tissue paper. Due to no scanner there are no visuals to attach at this time, however, my scanner issue is to be remedied in the near future (Thanks Susan!) and then I can start scanning in my visuals for your convenience.
Testimony Sharing: Mom
Closing Prayer: Anne
Activity: Glow stick catch
Treat: Ice Cream with chocolate syrup and pink and purple sprinkles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment