One morning Edwin was walking down the hall with his single, male, upper level resident. They were on their way to report on their patients when a younger female walked out of a room and said, "Thank you for last night. You were wonderful!"
Nothing more was said until the door closed and the two doctors were away from the patient's room. It was then the other doctor glanced over towards Edwin and asked "Dr. B, what DO YOU DO during cross-cover at night?!?" They both had a good laugh....then Edwin explained what really happened last night.
THE REAL STORY...
The hospital was EXTREMELY busy and around 1 am Edwin was walking the halls when a patient's daughter stopped him. She explained that her father was disoriented and kept asking to talk to a doctor. He said he would stop in and help comfort her dad. So like any good doctor he visited the sick elderly gentleman and chatted for a bit. He told a few jokes and calmed the man down and relax. It was a fine night for everyone. The patient was reassured that all was well. His daughter was able to rest until morning. And Edwin did a fine job helping both individuals.
Moral of the Story: Never tell your doctor he was "wonderful last night" unless you are married to him!
4 comments:
That's a funny story! I'm sure he is a wonderful doctor!
All I can say about this is: Ann's pig tails are the cutest thing ever.
That is a really GOOD story. I bet that woman didn't even realize how her thanks could have such a double meaning. :) We love you all!
Scott and I got a good laugh out of that story! I can't believe how big Anne is! ... and Grace's hair is so long! Wow!
Post a Comment