The girls are happy together, but they are anxious for this little bundle to arrive. Three to four weeks seems like forever when you two and three. As for now, I'll be the pregnant mom who has a big belly that is often bumping Grace in the head, the big bottom Anne squeezes by in tight spaces, the wiggly belly that makes the girls giggle and woman who still adores her family while she keeps that house in order. It's been a great pregnancy and I wouldn't trade these moments for anything (big bottom and all).
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Pregnant
I'm having an identity crisis! In the morning I often see two little girls running full throttle towards me only to be accosted and hear, "I love you, Nuggie Nugs!" There is no longer any love for mom. If I ask for hugs I am denied and told, "No, just snuggle Nuggie." The girls are ecstatic to greet their baby brother each morning and mom is left in the dark. I don't think I'd notice so much, but baby is still in my belly and so I am ignored while my belly is addressed and cuddled. I read the books while the girls snuggle and stroke my belly and talk to their little brother. He is going to be well loved once he arrives, but for now I am neither"the best mommers" nor the "mommy mom." In fact I do not know what I am some days as I listen to the girls talk about me or to me.
If baby is kicking while I am near Grace she immediately starts to giggle and pats my tummy and asks, "Is he saying 'I love you, Big Sister Grace?" I think Nuggie is aware of his sisters because he is often more active when the girls are nearby.
Often I hear, "Hey Big Belly, you bumped me!"
Or one of my personal favorites comes from Anne as she tries to squeeze past me in narrow spaces, "Excuse me, Big Bottom! Excuse me, Big Bottom!"
I have been called, "Pregnant Lady" and "Pregnant Belly" for a while now. And I'm glad they are creative, and cute, and wonderful, but I'm ready to be mom. Simply mom.
The girls are happy together, but they are anxious for this little bundle to arrive. Three to four weeks seems like forever when you two and three. As for now, I'll be the pregnant mom who has a big belly that is often bumping Grace in the head, the big bottom Anne squeezes by in tight spaces, the wiggly belly that makes the girls giggle and woman who still adores her family while she keeps that house in order. It's been a great pregnancy and I wouldn't trade these moments for anything (big bottom and all).
The girls are happy together, but they are anxious for this little bundle to arrive. Three to four weeks seems like forever when you two and three. As for now, I'll be the pregnant mom who has a big belly that is often bumping Grace in the head, the big bottom Anne squeezes by in tight spaces, the wiggly belly that makes the girls giggle and woman who still adores her family while she keeps that house in order. It's been a great pregnancy and I wouldn't trade these moments for anything (big bottom and all).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Only a child could ever get away with saying those things, and for some reason they are even cute! "Big bottom" is almost a term of endearment coming out of such a tiny person, isn't it? This post made me smile--thanks!!
Jennifer,
There is absolutely NO WAY that your bottom gets as big as mine does when I am pregnant!! You stay so tiny. After the baby comes, you are immediately back to normal.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I am sure that once their little brother does get here the girls will remember they have a mother. After all, how could they not with such a wonderful one. Love ya all tons and miss ya.
love this post! Thanks for sharing it with all.
So cute! You are wonderful Jennifer. I miss you guys, but am grateful for phones and email. Even if I am not that great at either. We are praying for you all and for the new baby. Hope that all goes well. Love you lots!
Post a Comment