The sun was shining for two full days. Even though the temperatures were below freezing our doors and windows were open for the clean, crisp air to permeate the house. I mopped the floors, beat out the entry way rugs, and pretended it was spring. Today is cloudy and snowing, but I know that spring is just around the corner with endless sunshine and outdoor play time. One of the things I love about Iowa is that fact that the grass is still green buried below 10 inches of snow and ice. It only takes a shovel to make spring come alive and ignite the flame within me to continue to endure this seemingly endless winter. The bunny under the stairs and this patch of green grass will tide me over until the sun comes shining through the windows again. I feel like child waiting for Santa, giddy with anticipation and excitement, knowing that soon, very soon the crocuses and daffodils will be sprouting forth and life will be abundantly blooming.
Ah, spring.
1 comment:
I really can't believe that the grass is still green under there, that is really cool! Glad you got to enjoy Spring for a little bit.
Post a Comment