Two years ago the girls didn't have a light in their room until summer ended and it was too dark to read scriptures in bed. Edwin and I found this pink frilly lamp at a second-hand store in town. The girls loved it and the creative decorating scheme began to brew.
I purchased the fabric for the curtains a year ago, but waited until we were a bit more settled before tackling the project.
The curtains are finished. The girls found the fancy curtain rods complete with feathers and plastic crystal finials. Everything a girl could want.
Grace and Anne made the picture frames out of craft sticks and foam stickers.
They love to paint fashion dolls so a few of them made it on the wall. I made the hair bow boards and sewed the tea party table cloth.
Grace painted the picture frames above her bed.
Anne painted the picture frames above her bed.
Grandma Peggy sent the giant Idaho poster to remind us where our roots are planted.
I thought we were done decorating for a while, but since General Conference we are adding a temple picture to the room, and we will be rehanging Anne's newly painted frame for her picture of the Savior.
I'd say this has been a productive winter.
*******************************
One room decorated in one year. At this rate we'll move before I get all the rooms decorated. Oh well, it's the journey that matters....right?
2 comments:
I love how fun the girls room turned out. The curtains are beautiful! James is a true boy, I love it.
The room looks great. You are so creative, and I love how you include the girls.
Post a Comment