Sunday, October 23, 2011

There and Back Again

Four weeks away from family is a long time.  Edwin had a four week training meeting in Washington, DC and he survived. Thanks to our good medical school friends, John and Andrea, he had a bed to sleep on, friends to eat dinner with, and people to talk to at night. He lost his luggage but it was returned to him after a week of borrowing John's clothes and things.




The kids missed him, but I think they adapted to the new lifestyle easier than the rest of us.  However, this morning Grace asked, "Is dad going to leave us again for another long conference?"  I was happy to say NO! Since dad is home the kids are outside lots more while I'm in the kitchen making dinner.  There's more laughing, more tickling, more teasing, and more love.  It is truly a welcome home.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a bummer you couldn't go with him! Mike's program had a furnished 2 bedroom apartment so we were able to go the entire time. It was a great experience for the kiddos. My kids were a bit older than yours are now, so they handled the train pretty well. I probably wouldn't have wanted to drag 3 little ones around on the metro by myself!