We've had a bit of Spring and winter all rolled into the past few weeks.
Grace went bike riding while Anne and James splashed around.
I love having James! He wanted to go sledding, but realized that mud wasn't good for sledding so he opted to go boating in the neighbor's large puddle.
Edwin read the girls Treasure Island for bed time for the month of January. Then Grace attended a Pirate Birthday party at the Children's Museum. She came home with an eye-patch and hat which were worn every night during bedtime stories with dad. The girls then watch Treasure Planet with the neighbors and before I knew it I was making Pirate skirts one Sunday afternoon.
We built Pirate Cove when the snow and cold returned. James found his pirate costume and joined in with the adventures and fun.
I finished all 90 blocks....none are the same. Now I'm working on the sashing and I hope to have the quilt top finished before baby arrives.
Like I said before the weather is crazy and we had snow again. Anne and James and I had a snowball fight while Edwin and Grace made bread for dinner.
We also made a little snowman.
For Valentine's Day this year we had heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. Heart jelly sandwiches for lunch.
And we enjoyed a lovely bouquet of flowers.
The Lilies bloomed later in the week and we have been happy with the colors and lovely things Heavenly Father makes.
James learned how to make a towel look like a dead chicken.
Anne is back to wearing Super Power hats.
James has taken up jamming on the guitar.
And when things got crazy with the neighbors the other night we turned everyone into pigs.
Tape doesn't stick well on a running nose...but sick or not, James was not going to be left out of the fun and off the camera.
2 comments:
Looks like lots of fun!!
You are having way too much fun to be pregnant in the winter in Iowa :) I'm so glad :) We miss you guys.
Post a Comment