Grace and Anne had a "Red Carpet" fund-raising event for cancer kids at their school. The girls went through their dress-up box and found all the shawls, broaches, purses and clip on earrings they could find. They asked me to wear the dress I wore to lunch on my wedding day. They slipped on my finest ruby red shoes from my pageant days and away we went to dance. James took this photo for us just before we headed out. I do say for being three he managed to take a great snapshot!
James creates the best sandwiches. Lunch is usually eat as you want around here, so I was glad to see he's making some healthy choices. This is his apple cheese sandwich. He likes me to use the circular appleslicer I try to keep hidden away. Now he stuffs the apple pieces with cheese slices and has a sandwich.
We are in a co-op preschool. For our teaching week we focused on firetrucks. We practiced "Stop. Drop. Roll." We cracked open a pinata, painted fire, made construction paper fire engines and had fire engine jelly sandwiches. Anne thought the sandwiches were great and wanted to take them to her kindergarten class. Making 25 sandwiches just isn't that fun at 6am! This was a moment of insanity....I forgot my motto...
KEEP IT SIMPLE!
These two boys enjoy being together all the time. James is wearing his "RED RANGER" shirt we made and he's training Johnny in the ways of a ninja/power ranger fighter.
Today Grace's teacher sent home a copy of Grace's journal entry.
"Last night mom kooed one of my favrit meal. Chicken noodel soop.
I love that stuf. I aet three bouls. I was with my mom dad James Anne John."
There was another entry about going to school. Grace drew a fabulous picture and wrote, "I like to ride my bike because rideing in the ca is cinde of boring."
I love reading the school journals they tell me so much about my kids and our home life. Anne is still writing one line sentences....she's on track to get the job done with the least amount of effort.
1 comment:
I love that Grace spells how she talks. So cute! I miss those cuties!
Post a Comment