Thursday, May 31, 2007

Perspective


Last night Edwin and I decided to attend a meeting at the school. When we got into the car to go home, Edwin tried to start it.....but nothing happened. I thought he was just playing around, but then he tried several other times to start the car. Still nothing. We couldn't leave our car at the medical center and Edwin thought he left the cell phone at home so we decided to push start it. Thankfully we were able to get things started and drive home. Edwin dropped me off to get Grace, then he and a friend went to the autopart store to get a new battery.


In the end, all was well.

Edwin has apologized several times for the car not working last night. He didn't like that we were in a bind, in the evening, and a week away from baby's due date. All I have to say is....

I'm glad it happened when it did!!

  1. We were together
  2. It was in the evening so there were no cars and no traffic to fight while pushing the car
  3. Grace was safe with a friend
  4. I wasn't in labor
  5. I wasn't alone in the hot sun with a baby
  6. No one was stranded.... it just took a little longer to get home is all
  7. The rain stopped while we were outside
  8. The problem was relatively cheap and easy to fix
  9. No SCARY towtruck driver needed!!! (I think that should count as two things:)

Things really could have been a lot worse. If we are going to have car problems then last night was a good way to have them. Besides, it's the first problem we have had in the three and a half years we have been married.... I guess it was our turn.

It really is all about perspective!

No comments: