Saturday, February 9, 2008

Life on the Island


We have been living on the island for the week and I can't wait to get back there on Monday. Edwin's class is going well and the girls and I love going across the street to play at the beach every day. The water, sand, and playground are all right there and it is wonderful! I have discovered that a rinse off is nessecery before heading home or Grace crunches on the sand and Anne will suck her hands clean! YUCK!!!

Having two homes for the month is a lot of fun, we've had to be a little creative with some things, but it's a great break from normal life. We like the island, and I've found the people to be very friendly overall. The more we are here the more we want to stay. The weather is perfect...not too hot and not too cold. A few storms just makes the ocean roar and then we get to watch the surfers and large waves.

It's been a great vacation for me...I've been able to work on my own hobbies... it's been FABULOUS!

Pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

Emma said...

sounds fabulous. I could use a vacation with some sun. And warmth.

Ashley said...

I'm glad you are having fun! I meant to call you yesterday but got distracted and forgot. Anyway, we'll have to see if we can't come visit you sometime soon!

Melissa said...

What?! You guys are living on the island? Hmmm... sounds fun! The beach sounds really nice right now. I'm freezing!

Brekke said...

I'm a little jealous, I have to say. We should come play.