Tuesday, April 1, 2008

FHE- Power of God and Power Tools


Family Home Evening
Opening Song: Hymn #136 I know that My Redeemer Lives
Opening Prayer: Grace
Lesson: Prophets Teach the Truth
Closing Prayer: Mom
Activity: We went shopping for Power Tools at the local hardware store. The girls and I played a scavenger hunt and found many things to do while daddy did some price comparisons and decision making. We enjoy going to the hardware store as a family because there is something for everyone. Grace and Anne liked playing with all of the door locks on display. Anne really liked the pull handles and the pivoting display boards. Grace pretended to lock the door and go potty. When we were tired of the door knobs we moved over to the lawn mowers (I liked pretending to drive the lawn mowers and tractors at the John Deer Store when I was a child). Although the riding lawn mowers were exciting they didn't compare to the porch swings. We enjoyed our time together and we especially liked coming home to eat yummy treats!
We are excited about watching conference this weekend. It will be a great experience.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that you're posting your FHE lesson plans. I used the one from last week yesterday and it was awesome! We have also adopted your family rules. What would I do without you!?!

Julianne said...

I think this is great too. I am enjoying learning along with you guys.