Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally Finished

Three and a half years ago I started a project.
At the time I looked like this....on the verge of delivering Grace.

I now look like this and have two children. But I finally finished my project!

Meet Mahn-Hee our knitted monkey.

We love him dearly.

I should note that Edwin started knitting a monkey at the same time I did. His monkey was finished right away and is stored in a box right now. We will post pictures of the happy monkey reunion later.

***Thank you Jennifer S. for inspiring me to learn to knit and for getting me started on an adventurous project. Thanks to my MIL, Linda, for instructing me along the way and encouraging me to finish it. I couldn't have finished without Edwin's teasing, laughing, and supportive love...."finish before we move again or throw it out" philosophy helped too.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute monkey! It turned out really well! I like the shirt you made too! Very cute!

Linda Butler said...

Jenn, your monkey Mahn Hee looks great!! I'll bet you're glad you stuck with it, especially when seeing how much your girls enjoy it.

MOM

Chelsea said...

That is awesome!!! I can only knit flat, square things, so I can really appreciate your work...

Jennifer said...

He looks so great! I;m thrilled that he's finished. I still have a way to go before "Octi" is finished.

Susan said...

I LOVE that the monkey is done now. It is beautiful! GOOD JOB!