Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trip to Bishop's House

Shortly after we arrived in Iowa, Bishop and his counselors asked to come for a visit. They try to meet with every new family that moves in (which is an over whelming task this time of year I am sure). The visit was brief, but while here Bishop tried to chat with Grace and Anne. The girls stayed close to me and avoided all interaction until Bishop extended an invitation to visit his horses, Cocoa and Cinnamon.
For several weeks the girls prayed to visit the horses. They talked as if they knew Cocoa and Cinnamon intimately. Every day they asked when they could go see the horses.
Visiting the horses was a priority for Grace and Anne and I wasn't about to let Bishop off the hook. He extended the invitation to my children and besides, we have been more than willing to fulfil assignments given since we've been here. I spoke in sacrament meeting, Edwin gave a prayer, I prayed another time, both Edwin and I accepted callings (Edwin is the Family History Consultant and I am a Sunbeam teacher for one of the three Sunbeam Classes) and we have served to help in the nursery and primary activity day. Needless to say, I became the nagging mother who cornered Bishop repeatedly to let us come see the horses.
The day arrived and we were happy to join Bishop and his family for a ride in the pasture. There were several other families who were also invited for a FHE horse ride and ice cream social. It was a great night for everyone, and the girls were thrilled to ride Cinnamon. (Cocoa isn't people friendly so we just looked at her!)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun FHE!!! I can't believe how big the girls look!

Rachel said...

Okay, what is your trick? How did you get Grace and Anne on the horse by THEMSELVES!?!

Susan said...

looks like a fun time riding the horse.

Andrea said...

Priceless! Those girls are so tickled!