Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our New Pet....KEVIN

We enjoy reading Shel Silverstein poems and there is one is particular that makes me laugh because I'm the kind of parent that doesn't want a pet in the house. Hot Dog by Shel Silverstein I have a hot dog for a pet, The only kind my folks would let Me get. He does smell sort of bad And yet, He absolutely never gets The sofa wet. We have a butcher for a vet, The strangest vet you ever met. Guess we're the weirdest family yet, To have a hot dog for a pet. The girls really want a pet. Edwin and I are glad we rent and our lease prohibits pets. So we had to come up with some kind of solution since Anne is adamant that she will clean up the bunny poop and Grace will pick up the doggie poop. After watching the Pixar movie UP! the girls wanted to have a big Kevin for a pet. KEVIN is a pet I can manage. Kevin is approximately 4 1/2 feet tall. He lives on the living room wall. Grace and Anne both drew pictures of Kevin with Doug, Mr. Fredrickson, Russell and the mean man. We greet Kevin every morning and feed him chocolate for breakfast. Occasionally we are caught patting his tummy. He is a wonderful addition to our family and our home decor.
The happy artists/new pet owners!
We love Kevin!
We might be weird, but Kevin is no Shel Silverstein hot dog.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Most days I wish our pet was a picture on the wall. . .

Daniel said...

I really enjoyed the Movie up, and am jealous that you have Kevin for a pet!

Susan said...

That is an awesome Kevin. You did a great job. I love that you have a pet on the wall. Easier than fish or hamsters for sure. LOL!