Saturday, August 28, 2010

Museums in June

I'm behind on the blog.  When I'm finally caught up you will understand why I'm so far behind.  Summer has been full of adventures yet to be documented and now we are gearing up to hunker down for the winter. 
The following pictures were taken in June while the kids and I were in Idaho with my two neices, Jessica and Kaylee.



Anne (3) Grace (4) Jessica (10)  James (9 months) Kaylee (5)
Idaho Potato Museum, Blackfoot, Idaho
The Sorter
James is driving a potato harvester
Jessica and Kaylee drove it too.
Tools and Machines from the past.
Anyone want to ride on some metal wheels?!


James and Grandma Peggy had a great time together.

We also stopped in Fort Hall to visit the Bannock Tribal Museum.
I purchased a copy of my favorite childhood book, Naya Nuki, Shoshoni Girl who Ran by Kenneth Thomasa.  It is a true story about a 10 year old girl who is captured by an enemy tribe and her brave journey back to her family. Jessica and I enjoyed reading after the little ones were asleep.
The day was topped off with ice cream and the playground.

What a deliciously, delightful day.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love that book! I'd totally forgotten about it, though, so I'm glad you wrote about it. Thanks! :)

Susan said...

I have never read that book, nor have I been to the museum, I need to add it to our to do list for Idaho some day. What fun!

Rachel said...

We miss you. Anton talks about his cousins Grace and Anne and Zackary's cousin James!! Looking forward to the blogs as you catch up. Remember to stop and take a breath with all of the busy-ness of being a wife and mother.