Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pink Applesauce

I love fall apples.  Apple pies.  Applesauce.  Apple turnovers.  Apple doughnuts. Apple cider.  I really enjoy the fall and I love, LOVE, LOVE the apples.  This year I picked apples from our neighbor's tree.  We made some delicious applesauce for a friend.  Then, Edwin's friend Katie brought us a bushel of apples from her father's orchard.  They were beautiful.  Red.  Worm free. Delicious Jonathons. 
We set up the applesauce station and the kids helped.  This time I cooked the apples with their skins.  We ended up with pink applesauce.

Anne was a great help.

James enjoyed sampling everything.

Grace enjoyed the scenes from a distance.
We have 12 quarts of pink applesauce, and I can't wait to eat it this year and maked more next fall.
Maybe we can go Katie's family orchard and get the apples ourselves.


3 comments:

Shanna Butler said...

I want some pink applesauce! Sounds yummy. Give those munchkins hugs from Aunt Shanna. I miss you guys!

Rachel said...

MMMMM!!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

The applesauce looks delicious! I am so glad you guys are feeling better. That is the worst when everyone is under the weather like that. We hope you guys have a great day and that you have a wonderful holiday season. Hard to believe it is right around the corner! :)