Saturday, February 14, 2015

Time for a new desk.

 When we first moved to town more than a year and a half ago I needed to use our computer desk to set up my radiology workstation. But we needed another one for the home computer. We went to the thrift store and picked up this beauty for $10. It held up our computer, but it looked like it was about to fall over the whole time.
 Since I had some leftover pieces of black walnut from making Aunt Maria's table, I decided to finally make a sturdy desk for our house. I got a couple of pieces of oak to accent the walnut. Everybody helped a little. Robert got into some sanding action.
Anne and Grace helped varnish it. Jen put up with a project in the living room.
 After putting it into service while we waited for the drawer pulls, we decided it needed one extra piece.
A printer shelf/mini table
Here is the end result. It will be a long time before this one falls over.

No comments: