We spent a warm Saturday afternoon on Rattlesnake Hike. That's not the official name for the trail, but when we ran into four rattlesnakes all within spitting distance of each other we decided to turn tail and head back down the mountain and play at the park without the snakes.
Anne's friends from third grade. We are all glad she has come out of her shell and made friends this year.
James joined the soccer team this spring and loved it! We are requesting coach Ken again next year.
Cub scout gardening project. We spent the day preparing the pumpkin patch.
Grace sang, "I just haven't met you yet" for the school talent show and she did AWESOME!
For the kids' piano recital they decorated sugar cookies. We were good parents and neglected to take pictures of the kids while they were performing. It was our first formal recital. The kids played and I had my students perform so it was nice to see the progression.
Lander had flooding this spring. For living in a high desert area, and not having good potable water, we certainly have a high water table that wreaked havoc in our community. We discovered our foundation had a crack in it and there is no vapor barrier around the house. It was good to know this now and I will stop hinting that I want to refinish the basement.
Grace was given a tree from one of her field trips. Dad is opposed to blue spruces growing in our yard, so Grace's tree is living at the neighbors. We will be checking on it periodically.
Summer is in full swing now and we will be on many adventures. Edwin has committed me to blog before I finish painting the family room, so here's your update, and I'm going to be painting soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment