We love visiting family, and this was one exceptionally good weekend.
Edwin had some clothes shopping to do, so we decided to have dinner at Mongolian Grill. Uncle Scott and his girls joined us there. Kids all enjoyed eating food they got to throw together.
Cribbage is a must when we get together with my side of the family.
Spud day kicked off with the parade. This entire line of kids is our family. Cousins from both sides were there to enjoy the parade.
The cousins put together a spud tug team. The little lad in the mashed potatoes is not a relative, but we were sure glad he was on our team and happy to fall into the potatoes for us.
All the years Edwin lived in Shelley, he has never participated in the spud tug.
We ended our fun-filled day with a demolition derby. Uncle Joe suggested it for a date, but date night turned into family night and our kids loved being there together and with their cousins as playmates. John and Robert now crash their bikes and trikes outside playing demolition derby, The kids also run head-long into each other and roll over in fits of laughter with their new demolition derby body slam games. Certainly a highlight for the boys.
Our last photo at Grandma's house. We are looking forward to seeing her new digs when we visit next.
We snapped a few shots of the kids in the fall colors on the way home through the mountains.
I love everything about fall. I love the colors on the trees, and donning sweaters again. I get a thrill knowing that I can bake bread and make soup every day if I so desire because the weather is changing. I know that I dread the work of canning, but even that isn't so taxing now that the kids are getting older. Oh, how I love the fall!
We all love this handsome guy!
James turned 7! Grace helped decorate the Pokemon cakes. When you can't decide what kind of cake to design you just make single layers and make more designs!
We enjoyed a day off school to attend the Star Valley temple open house. It is a small temple, and still far from us, but well worth the trip to be together and show the kids where their parents go when we say "we are going to the temple." I still vividly remember going through a temple open house when I was in elementary school, and I was very happy to share this same experience with my own children.
The love of my life. I am so glad have him for all of eternity with our beautiful children.
God is truly good.
No comments:
Post a Comment