Sunday, January 15, 2017

Life Goes On

Here's what we've been up to.....

James played soccer this fall.  There were some cold games this year, and I kept thinking, "Is this my future? Did I really sign up to be freezing under piles of blankets while little ones cry for food and James runs on and off the field scoring goals."  Well, so it is.  James wants to be a soccer referee when he's old enough to be hired on by the parks and rec department.  Which means many a seasons of outdoor sports in unpredictable weather for out family to cheer and support our team player.

Halloween is always great fun.  James and John were hunters...they sported wooden daggers dad made, a homemade bow and arrow set from their finds at Spud Day in Shelley, Idaho, and hats and vests mom made. Grace is wearing her piano teacher's high school kimono and is accessorized with her parasol, her Spud Day souvenir.  Anne designed her gown as Queen for the Day.


The girls joined a Vaudeville production this fall for a few weeks.
Grace sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow with a friend. 

Anne was the unsympathetic nurse for this poor patient.
We love our local library and especially the librarians!

What does a preteen need more than anything else for her birthday?
A sleep mask of course.  She uses every night without fail.  
Whatever it takes to go to sleep at night without an argument with sister.

Thanksgiving Star Wars party with Uncle Joe. We love having family come visit.

We were glad to have snow for Thanksgiving weekend so everyone could get on the hills for sledding. Good times!

We love making gingerbread houses.  Baking gingerbread makes me happy.  Designing the pattern every year and assembling the houses is Edwin's joy.  The kids obviously love the candy, frosting and friends who spend the day with us and decorate!  We are so grateful for friends wherever we live.

We love putting on our Grandma Peggy pajamas Christmas Eve.  

When the temps are -22 F our furnace creates beautiful frost on the basement entry way.  We are happy the weather has warmed up.

We must crazy adapting to the climate....it was -13 F when we arrived and stayed for hours catching fish and enjoying our time together.  Looking forward to many a years of family Ice fishing trips yet to come.  (Just a side note, this is one of those things I never knew I committed to when I said "yes, I'll marry you."  However, I think I can find joy in this crazy adventure too.)

No comments: