Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Mommy Has A Big...."


Grace has a new car seat so that Anne can face forward too. This week we were on our way out the door to a ward party. This is the conversation we had

Grace: Mom, I will drive Millie Van (our minivan) with my keys okay. (As she shows me her plastic pink and purple keys).
Mom: No, Grace you need to ride in your seat to be safe.
Grace: You can ride in my seat and be safe and I will be safe and drive Millie Van.
Mom: My bottom is too big for your special seat. You need to ride in your seat to be safe. Thanks though.

Grace then walks away and I think that the conversation is over. But then....

Grace is now in the kitchen with dad.

I hear this....

Grace: Dad. Mom has a big bottom. (Long pause while dad laughs out loud for an extended period of time).
Grace: Dad, you have a small bottom. You can ride in my car seat while I drive Millie Van. Okay? I think that's a good idea.

Dad still laughing!!!

Dad: Did you get that mom?!

7 comments:

Brekke said...

That's so funny! I'm still laughing too, although I don't think you have a big bottom.

Ashley said...

That is so funny. We miss you guys!

LeitaAnn said...

LOL, that is funny. So you have a bigger bottom than your husband eh? haha. Kids are so funny, you certainly have to be careful what you say! She was sure determined though!

lyn said...

oh my goodness! That is too funny (I had Virgil read it, too!). You have a very small bottom...don't get a complex!

Jodie Haney said...

I love those moments.

Julianne said...

I could show Grace what a big bottom looks like! This is such a funny conversation. So did you let her drive the van?

suzanne said...

Ha Ha! We can't stop laughing that is so cute! That Grace is becoming pretty smart.