Opening Song: As I have Loved You
Opening Prayer: Grace
Scripture: Moroni 7:45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Lesson: Showing Gratitude is part of developing a Christ-like heart. This November we want to focus on our blessings and show gratitude for the things we have. We made a Gratitude Tree that hangs on the wall and we cut out paper leaves to display our blessings. This week Grace was grateful for Molly Bunny, Dorothy Dolls, and toys. Anne was grateful for milk and sippy cups (so are mom and dad since they help her to go to sleep easily and sleep through the night!) Dad is grateful for our home. Mom is grateful for a happy family. We will continue to add to our gratitude tree throughout the month.
*Side note* I have received many comments on my FHE posts and I want to state for the record what I post on line looks much more pleasant than what happens at home. Tonight's FHE was filled with crying, temper tantrums, time outs, burned food distractions, and over all exhaustion. It took three times as long to complete, but it ended on a happy note with a relatively happy family. Maybe this is the consequence to skipping out the last two weeks. Whatever the case may be....we spent time together and worked through a challenge together. Overall I would have to say it was still a successful Family Home Evening...just a little rough around the edges!
1 comment:
I just love how you have a good structure each week. Sometimes ours isn't as "planned" out. I know that your girls have some spunk in them too. (wink, wink)
Post a Comment