Sunday, September 26, 2010

Reading Club

Grace was invited to join the reading club down the block.  She is the only girl with three boys.  A friend of mine wanted to give her little guy a head start with Reading so she offered to hold a reading club. When I agreed to let Grace participate I thought a group of kids would read books and then play.  Little did I know that this club includes, Secret Club Member Hand Shakes, workbooks, homework assignments, book reports, phonics reading, and much, much more.  Grace absolutely loves it.  She is overcoming some of her shy tendencies, and has learned to play well with boys.  This elite group helps her feel grown up and different from the little kids.  Her writing is improving and she pays special attention to how words sound and their pronunciations. 
WARNING: THIS IS NOT A BOOK CLUB OR A READING GROUP.  IT IS READING CLUB!

Although Grace loves going, I think Anne enjoys staying home with mom.  We have quiet play time together while James naps.  Candyland has never been so fun!  Anne also enjoys going grocery shopping if James is awake.  She is a great help at the store and enjoys finding good things to eat.  Every week she wants to buy Jello and pudding, which I permit.  I may have a year's supply of pudding by the time this Reading Club is over!  Anyone want to come over for some pudding?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Can Anton join? Wish we were closer.

suzanne said...

What a great idea. I have never heard of a reading club.