
We went to the Dr. to discuss latest possible delivery dates. Between the Dr's vacation schedule and Edwin's test schedule the conversation went like this....
Dr: We are definately having a baby next week. Sorry, but I'm not leaving town until you have a baby and I'm leaving town Friday afternoon.
Edwin: Wednesday I have to give a presentation that is mandatory.
Dr: Well then Wednesday is not a good day. Lets plan a Thursday induction.
Edwin: We have to be done by 6am on Friday because I have a test.
Dr: That could potentially be a problem if the hospital is busy you'll be bumped back. Not to mention I already have a patient scheduled for induction that day for other reasons. But we could work it out.
Edwin: Is Wednesday afternoon an option?
Dr: What about your study time? Are you going to need Thursday to study for your test?
Edwin: No, I'm not worried about my test, I just need to be present to take it. I have nothing too important Wednesday after 12...12:30. Yeah, 12:30 is better.
They both turned to me and agreed on Wednesday afternoon. We'll meet at the hospital at 12:30 and have a baby before 6am on Friday!!! I'm so glad Edwin and Dr could get things to meet their schedules! My only job is to have a baby within the 42 hour time frame they have allocated!!!
No pressure baby!!
6 comments:
You are such a patient woman Jen! I was always asking if the induction date could be any sooner! You better call me if you need anything. Oh and I'm planning on making dinner for Edwin and Grace on Thursday.
Enjoy, er, SURVIVE your last week of pregnancy! I'll be thinking of you, E, G, and Baby!
p.s. Thanks for the voicemail. It cheered me up when I really needed it. :)
And I thought my Dad and Aaron planning the wedding date was bad. Did they at least ask you if that was okay? I hope this baby comes out a little sooner than Grace. Good luck, I can't wait to hear the news!
Oh boy... What a story! You ARE patient. It makes me want to jump in and say, "Um, does the woman in labor get to have an opinion about this??? Are either of YOU pushing a pot roast out your nostril????" :)
Wish I could be there to help in anyway. Just know that I'll be thinking of you!
That cracks me up! I hope they weren't talking about you in third person while you were in the room!! Have a nice week!!!
That is so hilarious! What a good story to tell your child someday...
Post a Comment