Thursday, September 6, 2007

September Goals

I learned a few things last month about setting and accomplishing goals. First, I had too many goals to think about all at once. With the difficulties and changes in life if I'm going to set goals and hope to accomplish them I need to be a little less aggressive. The second lesson I learned was the need to be very specific. Because my original goal was to exercise 3 days a week I would spend too much time every day trying to decide if "today was going to be an exercise day". After a week or two the internal battle was more difficult than actually exercising. So it is no surprise that I didn't even come close to success! Lesson number three was about relationships and goals. Although the goal was Friday night date nights at home, Edwin often times fell asleep during Grace's bedtime. I realize now that I don't think I even told him about my desire to have some quiet couple time on Fridays. So the lesson about relationships....I had better clue the other party in on my goals if I'm hoping for changes and results!


With those lessons in mind here's what I have planned for September!


  • Physical- Walk Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings with Edwin and the girls Leave the house by 7:30 am!
  • Spiritual- Memorize one scripture a week.
  • Personal- Institute new menu planning techniques and have meals planned at least one week in advance.

2 comments:

Jodie Haney said...

Good plan.

Ashley said...

My goals for last month fizzled. I set way too many for myself. I was good at getting everything done for about a month but last month I neglected to do anything. I think I was rebelling against myself. That sounds stupid but I think that's the truth. I guess we need to step back and take it slow!