Monday, March 24, 2008

FHE- Choices

Family Home Evening
Opening Song: Hymn #136 I know that my Redeemer Lives
Opening Prayer: Anne
Lesson: The Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ allows us to make choices.
We showed the girls a picture of Jesus Christ praying in Gethsemane and a picture of his resurrection. Because Jesus atoned for our sins and was resurrected we can return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if we make good choices and follow the teachings of the gospel. It is important to learn to make choices and accept the consequences of our decisions.
Activity: Grace was given two choices (Jelly Beans or Starbursts). Grace chose jelly beans. Daddy was given Starbursts. Grace was allowed to choose the 2 jellybeans she wanted to eat.
Closing Song: Hymn #136 I know that my Redeemer Lives
Closing Prayer: Grace
We changed our family rules to...
I choose to obey.
I choose to be nice.
I choose to use good manners.
My mission companion started blogging recently and I really enjoyed seeing her FHE activities on the blog. Thanks Rachel C. for the great idea.

1 comment:

Brekke said...

Anne can say the opening prayer? I must be way behind with Audrey. Just kidding. I'm glad you posted this. I need ideas for our FHE. Not that we have FHE very often.