Why is it that we wait for funerals or big award ceremonies to give tribute to those we love? Well...I'm done waiting. So this might make you a bit uncomfortable momentarily, but this is how I feel about you and I just want you to know it.
JOHN AND ANDREA This beautiful woman is Andrea (and that is her fabulous husband John). She has encouraged me to post blogs a bit more often and include more pictures because lately things are all about FHE. Thanks Andrea for your "that's the way things are" attitude.
This isn't what you meant....but this is what you get!!!
John and Andrea (along with their boys Chester and Charlie)
lived right down the walk from our place in Texas. They were great for a laugh and long late-night talks. Sometimes things were serious, but with these two serious doesn't last too long! Life is for laughter and fun. They were there to watch Star Wars as I bounced on the exercise ball trying to speed along labor. They were there for camp outs, pinewood derby cars, dessert group, whalers talk, pool parties, and Pinochle. They were there for the not so pleasant days too. Edwin and I would walk the girls over unannounced, just to get out of the house. I haven't had nearly as much alone time since we moved (Edwin doesn't have a good hang out place with the kids any more). Andrea had a toy bucket at her place for our spur of the moment arrival...to help direct our little explorers and keep them away from the breakables (I'm still sorry about the pelican that lost his head!) John took some of our family pictures....I hope he still makes time for pictures even though life is busy travelling the country and stressing about their future.
Andrea is the kind of lady who meets challenges head-on and is willing to devote her life to a good cause. When she started her new job and the stress was overwhelming she took up baking. I mean serious baking from scratch (no box mixes) any dessert she was tempted to try...one cake took nearly 8 hours and 5 minutes from start to finish. Eight hours to bake and 5 minutes for the entire party to eat! She just wanted a meaningful and fun challenge to tackle so she could take her mind off work.
She's going to be embarrassed when she reads this blog entry because she doesn't like to be in the spot light. However, as time passes and I find myself talking on the phone with her for hours at a time I realize how much she was a part of my day-to-day life. She was usually there to talk to when things were hard. She encouraged me to be a better person. She's a goal setter and more than that she achieves many of the things she sets out to do. What an example!!! All in all Andrea is a great friend and I'm glad we've had the time to get to know one another.
John you are one incredible guy to have captured such a fantastic wife!!! But you my friend will be another post..... (I need to enlist your whaling buddy, Edwin, to do your tribute any justice).
WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!
WE WILL SEE YOU AGAIN WHEN.....
"THE WHALES BE ON THE MOVE!!!"
5 comments:
I don't know John or Andrea. But I do know that this post reminded me of a movie I've been meaning to recommend to Edwin for a long time: Waking Ned Devine.
When I first saw it, I couldn't help but think of Edwin for two reasons: 1) the humor is right up his alley, and 2) one of the old dudes looks a lot the way I picture Edwin looking when he's 80. :)
Jennifer, you say that "life is for laughter and fun." "Waking Ned Devine", by that criteria, is a very life-full movie.
John and Andrea you guys are indeed awesome! We miss you very much! Alia still asks to go back to Houston to see you and the boys. Thanks for telling Jen that she needed to post more. If she hadn't posted something soon I would have been filing a complaint. Jen, I'm sorry I missed your call today. I'll call you tomorrow!
What a sweet post!
I'm very touched, and the fact that you took the time to write such a reflective, altruistic statement is a greater compliment to your personality than I could ever spell out. You guys have been a light in my life since the day we met, and I miss you a ton. I know we'll remain close because I feel that we have much to learn from you yet. Thanks for being such outstanding friends, and for keeping in touch.
Agreed! John and Andrea are the best!
Post a Comment