Saturday, November 22, 2008

From Our Window

When we first arrived our place was buzzing with Canada Geese and Mallod Ducks. We thought we were having fun, but now that the weather is changing and birds are migrating these are the water fowl we have seen from our front window. Occasionally we see king fishers, common flickers and downy woodpeckers, heron, and commerants. We love our window!
Canada Goose (They hiss at us if we are too close to the window during feeding time!) Mallard Ducks
Cinnamon Teal
American Wigeon
Common Mergansers
Green-Winged Teal
Hooded Merganser
Wood Duck
The hooded merganser and the wood ducks are my favorite. I love how strikingly bold yet very quiet and reserved they are. Happy bird watching everyone!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! That is a great view you have!!!

Susan said...

Can I have your magic bird window? I miss the ducks. However I am enjoying the blue jays and am looking forward to the birds that we see here in the winter too.

Julianne said...

All the water birds are cool.