Last May I found this adorable, unfinished doll house. I purchased it early for the girls' Christmas gift. Once we settled into our new place I took the kids to the craft store and let them pick out their favorite paper.
I painted the entire house during the nights when the girls were sleeping soundly in bed.
Edwin thought I was crazy for wanting to paint rocks on the chimney, but he was pleased with the results and glad that I did it.
Grace picked out the pink paper, and I found the orange and green to accent the walls.
Anne likes the purple paper and the pink with butterflies.
The house came with people and furniture (still unpainted because I can't bear to paint it all pink...I'm waiting for the pink phase to wear off a little bit!) However, we did sew blankets for the bed and we enjoy dressing the dolls with all the doll clothes Aunt Karen sent us!
This was taken Christmas morning! Two very happy girls.

3 comments:
Jen, The doll house turned out so great! I had forgotten about it. What a great present for your sweet little girls.
Love the doll house, but I'm sure Grace and Anne love it even more. What talent you have with the chimney and the porch. They look fabulous. Maybe one day I'll be as talented and as great of a mother as you are.
Jen, you did such a good job!!! I love it! What a fun project.
Post a Comment