I've been collecting a list of reasons why blogging is a positive in my life.It's been the springboard to recording seemingly insignificant details into my day-to-day activities.
- Family Journal-I have since started a family journal which I update weekly. This journal includes the running details of Edwin's schooling, the activities we do as a family, and my girls' growth and development. We have enjoyed rereading it time and again so far. Hopefully I will continue to maintain our family record.
- Personal Journal-My personal journal has also been updated more frequently since I started blogging. My journal contains the things I think and feel that don't necessarily need to be broadcast on the web. However, my entries have become much more focused since they have become a weekly habit.
- EMAIL-The multitude of emails I get telling me someone has commented on my site! I love hearing from people!!! (Sorry, I read more than I comment on other's sites! It's all I can do to keep up with everyone let alone comment!)
- Motivation-The drive to try more, do more, and live more. Seeing how much others are doing in their lives' encourages me to experience new things. Not only do I have an endless supply of suggestions to carryout, but a list of activities with reviews from people who's opinion matters to me!! Who could ask for a better review critic than someone you know and appreciate? So keep living full happy lives people!!! Everyone could use a little more motivation from time to time.
- Self-Analysis-Since blogging I analyze myself more often. Throughout the day I find that I question reasons behind the things I'm doing. I also evaluate the pros and cons and causes and effects to little things. How I spend my time defines who I am as a person and I now want to make every minute count.
BLOGGING DOWNFALLS---
There is only one I can think of.....TIME!!! There's not enough time to keep up with all your blogs, write my own, and still take care of my personal responsibilities. Oh well, I sure like trying to make it all work together somehow! Go Blogging!
2 comments:
I really appreciate your thoughts and your comments on my blog as well - this is something I've been giving a lot of thought lately too. I think blogs are such a great thing too, because it's motivated me to write more often and keep up with people better...I need some tips from you on how to incorporate my blogging into my journals. Maybe there's some way to insert your blog into your journal and add more thoughts to it too.
I agree with you regarding time too. Lack of time is the biggest downfall. But that can be said about anything - it seems there's never enough time! Thanks for your thoughts.
Amen. That's all. You said it Girl!
Post a Comment