Someday, when the whole story of this and previous dispensations is told, it will be filled with courageous stories of our women, of their wisdom and their devotion, their courage, for one senses that perhaps, just as women were the first at the sepulchre of the Lord Jesus Christ after his resurrection, our righteous women have so often been instinctively sensitive to things of eternal consequence. Teaching of Presidents of the Church Spencer W. Kimball p. 215
When facing the Mount Everest of laundry that has recently consumed the washing machine, or the torrent of dishes that seem to multiply when no one is looking, it helps to remember that there are some things I can't neglect. The breakfast dishes may not have been washed right away, but did we remember to say our family prayers? I may have finished that project I've been wanting to complete for weeks now, but did I raise my voice in frustration because someone in the family interupted MY time? Does the spirit reside in our home often, or do we race through daily life as fast as we can using gospel principles as a last resort when things don't work out the way we want? The eternal perspective is to put spiritual things first and remember....I won't have to wash dishes in Heaven!!!I have been contemplating the roles women have in life. For me.... my roles include
- Caretaker
- Nutritionist
- Comforter
- Entertainer
- Housekeeper
- Historian
- Guardian
- Spiritual Leader
- Mother
- Wife
- Sister
- Daughter
- Friend
“I love women…They doubt nothing. With them the world becomes something very simple. They give everything its correct value and well realize that their laundry is as important as the constitution of the German empire. Near them one feels reassured.”
Renoir
May I live my life such as this....simply, beautifully, and lovingly.Renoir

5 comments:
Great post, Jen! It's nice to hear things put into perspective like that.
Want me to come get your laundry? I will do it for you tomorrow.
That was so great to read! I need to be reminded of that a lot ;)
I love that quote by Renoir! What a nice post to read. Thank you.
Oh, Jen! How did you know that I needed that reminder!?! You're an awesome friend!
Post a Comment