Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Final Days on the Island



This week started off with decapitating our Sunday night dinner. It was a bit more than I bargained for, but Edwin and I managed to get things cleaned and ready to go. We discovered that we are a good team. I was faster at deheading and removing the shells while Edwin's strength was removing the vein. What a team!!


Aunt Susan made some delicious food for us! Hopefully the recipe will be coming soon!



I have developed holes in my favorite shoes and with some encouragement from Edwin I went shoe shopping. We were in the store long enough for me to walk down the isle when I realized Grace was quiet. I turned around to discover this....


Grace wore those lovely blue shoes the entire time we were in the store! Later that same day I was in the stationary section of another store when I turned around to find Grace once again on the floor. There was a card eye level for Grace and there she was frustrated that the pretty shoe wouldn't stay on her feet! Poor kid! Good try though!

I think this shoe craze is more than a cute little addiction!


Aunt Karen gave us this great self-hardening model clay with paints and a book of sculpting ideas. We had a great time painting the objects over and over again. Grace was particularly proud of her snail and pancake (can you tell what everything else is?).

In a one bedroom apartment there weren't enough beds for everyone. Anne's spot on the floor.


Grace's spot was in the living room on the floor. She looks so cute with New Baby, Baby Doll, and Teddy. However, it's a bit crazy when she wakes up in the middle of the night and carries all these toys plus her two favorite blankets into bed with us! Make room for the circus because she's not going to bed without any of them!


When didAnne get so big? She has discovered she can pull herself to a standing! She crawls, scoots, and now stands. Nothing is safe any more! Her tongue is always hanging out when she's excited about something and boy oh boy, what's more exciting than discovering the toy box by yourself?!


This is Miss Kathleen. She gave Grace a peppermint candy every day we visited! She was a good friend to us and I'm so glad she had a room for us to stay in while Edwin went to school.


This is Edwin's class. We went to dinner at Dr. White's the last week we were there. Everyone had a great time and the food was fabulous! Thanks Dr. White and Molly for hosting a great party! We really enjoyed our time on the island.

*****
It is home again, Home again for us. We have 3 more weeks before we find out where residency will take us. The anxiety is mounting for everyone and we hope this time passes quickly. For now Edwin will study for an upcoming test, I will plan a prepare an uncoming dinner event for church, and we will begin packing the nonessientials.


I already miss the ocean. We'll have to get outside A LOT!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Baby Anne looks so big! I can't wait to see you guys!

Jennifer said...

When DID Anne get so big? Your girls are beautiful and G still talks about going to play at Grace's house.

Christina Bassi said...

Hi Guys! I found your blog from Laura McIntyre's. It's the Bassi's from church. Cute Blog. I love the brushing teeth posting. Too funny!