Sunday, July 5, 2009

How Much To Take?

We decided to eliminate most of our belongings before moving to Iowa. The goal was to keep only what fit into Millie Van with 4 people, Bambi (the Honda Civic we towed) and the back of Grandpa's truck. This was everything we packed into the van to Grandma's house. My brother received Edwin's Med School Graduation Grill, my sister has my piano, the rest of the furniture was given to Uncle Richard and Aunt Jessica who have been living without for several months while they waited for us to move! Although I thought we did a pretty good job of de-junking I knew that boxes of books were waiting to be added to the collection once the girls and I reached Grandma's house.
Three stressful days were spent repacking, de-junking, and condensing our limited possessions before we could make the final venture to Iowa. However, we were able to make everything fit (I had to individually pack my meager Christmas things into the crevices of the overflowing Honda Civic!) We had quite a few things arrive with us in Iowa. The only things missing from these pictures are the mattresses.
Although it was relatively easy to move this way....it's been a struggle unpacking and setting up house. THERE'S NO PLACE TO PUT THINGS!
However, we are safe, happy, healthy and making the adjustment.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How brave you are. Come Pioneer Day I will be thinking of your current trek. Wish we could be there to help.