Thursday, July 2, 2009

Orange Dresses and a Bit More

Grace, Anne, and I spent Father's Day in town with the grandparents while Edwin continued to work on the other side of the state for a few more days. The girls and I were ready to move...except that I realized I still packed too many things and I would have to repack, condense some stuff, and ultimately have to throw a few more things into the junk pile. It was a busy couple of days for me while I waited for Edwin to catch up with us.
Anne is wearing the dress I made a few years back. When I found the extra fabric Grace requested a matching orange dress. Grandma Peggy quickly sewed a matching dress for her and we have to very happy little girls.
Thanks to Grandma B, Uncle David, Aunt Rachel, Cousins Zackary and Anton, and everyone else for assisting with the repacking and loading the vehicles while Edwin was working.
Thanks, Grandpa B and Uncle Richard for driving 45 hours in 4 days to help us move to Iowa, unload, and arise early in the morning to do it all again!!!
Thanks Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Dave for feeding us, lodging us, and watching my kids while I ran around crazy!
We miss you all and we are starting to get settled down...more on that another day!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We are very glad that you made it safely. We will truly miss having you here in Idaho with us. It has been great to see you so often. Hopefully we can make it out there to visit. We love you and miss you already.

Love,
Rachel, Linden, Anton and Zackary

Melissa said...

I think I remember that orange dress from Houston! So cute!