Family
Edwin was working late this week and I had an entire lesson prepared with visuals and things for the girls to do. However, things changed when I opened the door!!!
At 6pm there was a knock at the door and I saw my neighbor Jack standing outside. I immediately invited him inside when he said he couldn't stay long. He apologized for such a short notice, but felt impressed to invite me and the family to his wedding at 6:45. I of course agreed and told him we would be dressed and on time. He left and I panicked when I realized that I had 45 minutes to dress myself and both girls. We had hair that needed to be combed and dinner to eat.
I quickly dressed while dinner finished baking in the oven. Grace refused to eat until she was in her wedding dress with her wedding shoes! Once dressed Grace danced around the house telling me she was beautiful and she was excited to go to Jack's wedding to see Pam in a beautiful white dress. Anne was pretty content with whatever happened, but she made sure that she had a bow in her hair too.
So there we were at the church for a wedding for family home evening. Edwin was working and unable to attend, but we had a great time any way. Grace sat through the ceremony with her arms folded the entire time and Anne walked around smiling at the bride and groom.
It was a wonderful way to spend family home evening!!! On the car ride home we discussed marriage as a fundamental part of families and that one day Grace and Anne can be married in the temple like mom and dad.
There were only a few people there (most every
1 comment:
So COOL!
Post a Comment